The Advising Coordinator is responsible for establishing and implementing processes that ensure exemplary academic and career advising service in the College of Business and Industry as well as fostering a collaborative, student-centered climate which promotes student success. The position reports to the Dean of the College of Business and Industry.
Required Education and/or Work Experience: Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in higher education.
Preferred Education and/or Work Experience: Master’s degree; experience in academic advising, student services, and/or working with Banner/Navigate.
Salary: Commensurate with Education & Experience
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist students with major and course selection, while providing career development and academic advising direction
- Review academic standing of students for possible intervention, support and referrals
- Ensure consistent, accurate and timely processing of all documentation related to advising, graduation, etc.
- Work with faculty and staff across campus in developing and implementing processes that align to the special needs of various cohorts to improve student retention and graduation
- Maintain a working knowledge of current career exploration and employment trends
- Promote retention through innovative reporting, student communications and special projects
- Assist with college recruitment and yield activities
Other Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain student records, monitor BBA admission process, and faculty assignment of students
- Support student engagement activities in the College
- Provide customer service and promote the public image of the University to all students and the community in a friendly accurate manner
- Responsible for maintaining a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to foster teamwork and by providing leadership to subordinates. Requires consistent on-time attendance.
- Other duties as assigned
This is a 12-month position. Work is performed primarily in an office setting; however, some travel may be necessary. The office is open to the public from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.