The Assistant Athletic Director for the Charles Luter Family Academic Success Center will primarily serve football student-athletes. The position is responsible for providing academic support, monitoring eligibility and academic progress.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain accurate degree plans, monitor NCAA Progress Toward Degree requirements (6, 18, 24 and percentage), participate in the certification process for assigned student-athletes, evaluate high school and junior college transcripts, and assist with administrative responsibilities
- Produce reports to be shared with coaches and other athletic administration such as grades, study hall sessions, tutoring, etc.
- Assist coaches in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes during official and unofficial visits
- Maintains compliance with University, conference and NCAA rules to ensure academic and administrative integrity
- Relate effectively with adult student learners, coaches, staff and faculty from diverse ethnic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Identify at-risk students and make necessary referrals
- Other duties as assigned